IM IN UR GARAGE SCRAMBLIN UR EGGZ
My dearest, most venerable inklings,
Yesterday was Memorial Day. To celebrate this, the husband and I spent four days together with family members, installing hardwood flooring in the husband’s parents’ house. Here are a few moments that happened during that time:
- My brother-in-law practiced his baseball swing by hitting wood bees with a 2×4.
- For the first time ever, I cooked scrambled eggs on a griddle. Nothing bad happened. Yay!
- I deepened my recently acquired addiction to “Angry Birds.” *sigh*
- There were copious amounts of homemade blackberry cobbler. With homegrown blackberries.
- We celebrated a high school graduation.
- We ate our meals at a picnic table in the garage.
- I chiseled pieces of flooring down to size, which reawakened my slumbering love for wood cuts.
- Flying roaches and cups of coffee are not a good combination.
All of that to say: This is my Official 50th Blog Post. One would think I’d mark the occasion by crafting something of cramazing brilliance.
But, nay. As far as substance, that list up there is about all you’re gonna get on my blog today, because after being out-of-town with sketchy Internet service for four days, I am now in the process of catching up with my life.
We’re entering serious hypocrisy here, kids. Do as I say, not as I do:
Write yourself a cushion of blogposts, that you might not be without substance when comes The Day of Greater Catching Up Busyness.
I don’t have a cushion of blog posts.
Instead, here’s a picture of my older cat, Pippin. Yippee!
Peregrin 'Pippin' Took Cantrell