The One Where I Publish a Book

Or: My Second Video Blog Post

Did I get a book published?

Why yes. Yes, I did.

Colors of Deception is the story of Holly Idaho, a student at Oklahoma Christian University. She thought her sophomore year was starting out fairly normal. But her closest girlfriends, Anne and Celia, are hiding something. Peter, her only guy friend on campus, won’t tell her why he’s acting weirder than usual. Owin, who has been like a brother to her, issues cold demands about her faith.

Colors of Deception by Courtney Cantrell

Holly’s feeling rejected and isolated — and then the anonymous pranks start. Worse, an unseen intruder terrorizes her at her parents’ house. She finally realizes there’s something scarier going on than strained relationships and practical jokes.

Then Peter stuns her with the truth: a demon is stalking her, feeding her doubts and fears in a final play for her soul. It’s Peter’s God-given task to protect her — but he’s running out of options. As the demon closes in, Holly faces a horrible choice: a heaven she fears or a hell she never imagined possible.

“Like” Colors of Deception on Facebook here.

You can buy Colors of Deception for Kindle for 99 cents here.

You can buy it for Nook for 99 cents here.

You can also purchase the book at Smashwords.

The paperback version will be ready soon is now available here! Happy reading!

Colors of Deception is published by Consortium Books.

Colors of Deception cover art by Julie V. Photography and Amy Nickerson.

P.S. It’s henna, and it’s temporary. 😉

Fling this post into the ether of internetted winds, that it might implant itself in a bazillion other consciousnesses and hasten the onset of my world dominion. ...Wait -- did I say that out loud?Buffer this pageDigg thisEmail this to someoneShare on FacebookFlattr the authorTweet about this on TwitterShare on StumbleUponShare on TumblrShare on RedditPin on PinterestShare on LinkedInShare on Google+

15 thoughts on “The One Where I Publish a Book

1. Benny says:

Holding that book in your hands must be so exciting! All the hours spent on the book and now you can actually hold it. Must be amazing!

And I’m glad you said your tattoo was henna cause when I saw it, I thought “wow that must have hurt to get the tattoo there”. 🙂

• Benny, holding that book in my hands is absolutely incredible. I’ve spent two-and-a-half years on this particular book — and that’s not counting the 25 preceding years of learning my craft! To have a tangible culmination of all of that work is wonderful — and empowering!

And yes, I’m sure it would hurt to get a tattoo there! I, too, am glad it’s henna. 😉

2. Jed says:

Courtney, I’m so excited for you! The cover looks great and the premise definitely peaked my interest. If I had a Kindle, I would have already bought a copy, but I guess I’ll have to wait for the paperback. Congratulations!!

• Thank you so much, Jed! I appreciate the visit and the encouragement! Yes, I too am waiting anxiously for the paperback. I’ll make an announcement about it as soon it’s ready! Glad the premise of the book appeals to you. : )

3. Patricia says:

You are so cute. “See?! It’s a book!” I think this would make an interesting blog topic…what WOULD most delight your inner creative child? Whatever it is, that’s probably what you should be working towards!

Much love!

4. Keith Davis says:

Courtney
    You are leaving the rest of us behind.

Conversational, laughter.

Must feel fantastic to have your name on a book – many congratulations on the book and the video.

I’ll let Paul know that you have another video out.

Keith

• Keith, thanks so much for the congrats and for helping spread the word — especially to a fellow public speaking guru. I hope you and Paul both realize that without your encouragement, this second video wouldn’t exist. Not yet, anyway. I’m still not sure how you two talked me into this…but I’m glad you did, otherwise I wouldn’t have had the guts to do this again so soon.

If you have any critique to offer, I’d be glad to hear it! : )

5. Allison says:

you are so great! I smiled HUGE watching you experience that joy.

and the henna is gorgeous!

6. Trish Pogue says:

I love this video. You are so relaxed and happy and it makes the video look fun and effortless. Your a natural!

Congrats on the book, I can’t wait to read it, page by page!

• Thanks so much, Trish! I can’t wait to hear what you think of it. : )

I’m glad I look natural in the video. I certainly don’t feel natural — but if it seems effortless to viewers, maybe I’ll work my way into feeling less nervous about it, too. 😉

7. Terrie Wooldridge says:

Courtney, I’m so proud of you! You Did It! You finished your first book and I know there will be many more to come! I can’t wait to read it! Congratulations!

• Thank you so much, Terrie. What a great encouragement to find in my inbox this morning! Yes, I plan for there to be more books to come. 😉 I hope you enjoy this first one! Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment.

8. […] that, my loves, was how Colors of Deception was born. And, of course, you are now acquainted with its younger sibling, Shadows after Midnight, […]