Greetings, my lovely! My name is Courtney Cantrell. I was created to create, so that’s what I do: I make things.
I write novels, short stories, and poetry.
My main genres are epic fantasy and paranormal fantasy, with the occasional touches of sci-fi or horror.
My favorite medium is oils. I paint fantasy, still life, portraits, and abstract.
I dance in the pouring rain whenever possible.
This is its own genre. ; )
And I hope I leave my corner of the world
a little brighter than I found it.
Here’s what else you can peruse at Courtcan.com:
- Courtcan.com is a blog about creative writing and all its pitfalls and possibilities.
- You’ll get a lot of pondering on what goes into writing a novel.
- You’ll get updates on the progress of my novels.
- Sometimes, I wax pedantic and talk about grammar and its ilk. But only sometimes.
- Once in awhile, I get all emo and angsty over cutting open my chest and baring my heart for the world to see. Please to be excusing when this happens.
- I’d love for my real-life anecdotes to enrich your daily life with inspiring encouragements and illuminating a-ha!s.
- At some point, I lost my mind and did some videoblogging. For some reason, people seem to like this. ; ) When life allows, I shall take this up again.
A few “stats”:
- I am the wife of Ed, often blogged-about as “the husband.”
- I am the mama of a beautiful little girl known here as “CM.”
- I am the cat-mommy of Peregrin “Pippin” Took Cantrell, a tabby of hobbit-like proportions.
- By passport, I am an American; but I grew up in Germany, so culturally I’m a mutt (aka Third Culture Kid).
- I am a follower of Jesus Christ, which to me means that (among other things) I get to have a relationship with the Creator of the universe even though I screw up all the time. (I don’t belong to a religion.)
Also, feel free to peruse my Vizify bio.
So. Enjoy your courtcan-ish reading (or viewing)! And please, do drop me a line to introduce yourself and let me know what you think of my ponderings:
- Leave a comment on a blog post,
- send me an email,
- follow me on Twitter,
- like me on Facebook,
- or add me on Google+ (where, notably, I rarely log on). ; )
In other news, here’s an old picture of me:
***Photo credit the fabulous Julie V. Personal Style Photography.