Hidey-ho, readerinos. My name is Courtney Cantrell, and I make things.
BOOKS! STORIES! ART!
I even made a human. That’s pretty cool.
I’m into epic fantasy, paranormal, sci-fi, horror.
I do oils, acrylics, pencil, pen, multimedia. Still life, portraits, abstract.
I dance in the pouring rain whenever possible.
This is its own genre. ; )
And I hope I leave my corner of the world
a little brighter than I found it.
Here’s what else you can peruse at Courtcan.com:
- creative writing and all its pitfalls and possibilities
- updates on my works-in-progress
- real-life anecdotes and illuminating a-ha!s
- The iotization of the Greek diphthong.
- Just kidding.
- If you’re lucky.
A few “stats”:
- My pronouns are she/her.
- I am the wife of Ed, often referred to as “the husband.”
- I am the mama of a beautiful little girl known here as “CM,” “the/my kid,” or “[age]yo” (year-old).
- I am the cat-mommy of Laddi (Galadriel) and Elli (Elanor).
- By passport, I am an American; but I grew up in Germany, so culturally I’m a mutt (aka Third Culture Kid).
- I don’t belong to a religion. I’m not sure I even belong to a belief system. I have beliefs? I have musings. I have wonderings and peculiarities of a variety people might call “spiritual.” As of this writing (02/2023), it’s all in a state of uncomfortable transmogrification, and I am strangely comfortable with that.
- I firmly believe that love is love is love, and I think it’s wonderful when one ghost-driven meat machine finds an/other ghost-driven meat machine(s) to be wildly passionate about and vulnerable with.
- I believe every human has the right to food, shelter, bodily autonomy, and freedom of thought/religion/self-expression. I also believe no human has the right *not* to experience the natural consequences of their choices.
- I believe that all human lives have equal worth, but that we have created a global society in which some have more worth than others. I believe that this is a species-wide error and that we will someday have to account for it. I hope we can transform out of it before it’s too late.
- I believe that war is a symptom of desperate immaturity, the childish inability to sit with healthy conflict.
- I believe that most of our global problems as a species stem from our inability to accept, dwell with, and embrace the mysterious unknown in the Other, as well as the unknown in ourselves.
- I believe that knowledge is power; power corrupts; cheese corrupts; therefore, knowledge is cheese.
- All of these statements are subject to rephrasing at my whim and without notice.
So. Enjoy your courtcan-ish reading (or viewing)! And please, do drop me a line to introduce yourself and let me know what you think of my ponderings:
In other news, here’s an old picture of me: